Whether a patient’s caregiver is a family member or a trusted friend, the Wishard Senior Care program has the following resources available to assist caregivers with this rewarding, but at times very challenging, task.
Caring for older adults oftentimes goes far beyond doctor’s visits. Please review the following tips for caring for aging adults.
- Know medication lists.
- Make sure all bills are paid.
- Arrange any home care.
- Make sure transportation is arranged.
- Keep a calendar of all scheduled appointments.
- Understand the wishes of the person you are caring for so you know what to do if you have to make decisions for him/her.
- Understand the medical conditions of your loved one.