Wishard.edu Wins Award
Wishard Health Services, along with MedTouch, is the proud recipient of a bronze Aster Award for the newly redesigned Wishard.edu. With the help of MedTouch, a website design firm, Wishard launched the updated site on Dec. 14.
The Aster Awards, one of the largest national competitions of its kind, is hosted by Marketing Healthcare Today Magazine and Creative Images, Inc. This elite program recognized outstanding healthcare professionals for excellence in their advertising/marketing efforts for the calendar year 2011.
The 2012 Aster Awards received nearly 3,000 entries from across the United States as well as Canada and South America. Participant’s entries competed against similar-sized organizations in their category.
The Wishard site not only received a visual facelift but also began to offer many other additional features such as:
- A physician directory providing patients with a “find a doctor” search utility
- A frequently asked questions module with content that represents many of the daily queries fielded by the Wishard operators
- A location finder where patients can search all Wishard locations and obtain maps and driving directions
- An extensive health library that includes rich multimedia, risk assessments, a symptom checker and many other resources
- A calendar for events and classes with online event registration
- A “Send a Patient Greeting Card” feature so that family and friends can send get well and congratulatory wishes to patients via the website
- Patient experience testimonials with a photo and description of patients’ experiences
Awards were issued for entries that received top marks from judges placing them in the top 16% of the nation for advertising excellence. Judging criteria included creativity, layout and design, functionality, message effectiveness, production quality and overall appeal.
All winners are posted on the Aster Awards website (www.AsterAwards.com), as well as published in Marketing Healthcare Today, a national healthcare marketing magazine.